Saturday, June 14, 2008

Catching up...

So, haven't posted in a while because summer is in full swing - and in the ultimate oxymoron - I have all the time to post, just nothing to post about.

Anyways... there was a little switcharoo in the Canes coaching scheme. Tom Rowe from Albany is the new assistant coach for the Canes, while Jeff Daniels, the previous assistant, goes down to coach Albany. I just kind of shrugged when I heard the news - not a big deal, I don't think, but it'll make Laviolette's seat become hotter if the Canes don't make it this season.

Michael Leighton was signed on a one-way contract, getting him $600,000 a year for two years. Which is a good move, wrapping up our backup goalie spot with a goaltender who looked frickin' awesome in the AHL this year. (And he didn't look too shabby when he came up for those games this past season, either).

And finally, happening yesterday, the Canes extended their lease with the RBC Center until 2024. Sounds like good news to me!

So, I'm telling myself that I'm going to post two times a week, just to help all you other hockey fans through the summer doldrums. Then again, I told myself for the past two years that I was going to make a hockey shrine out of the 2006 playoff stuff... and it's still sitting in a pile on the table. Oops.

No comments: