Thursday, June 05, 2008

Stupid Red Wings

Well, if today is any indicator, summer is going to be a real biznitch around here. Right now it is 95ºF, feels like 99º... and it doesn't look like it's going to get any cooler anytime soon. And what is it, June 5th? Wow... better than the cold in my book, though.

So, yesterday, the Canes resigned Patrick Eaves to a three year deal which gets him an average of $1.4 mil a year. Seems like a pretty good deal to me, seeing as he's in the beginning of his career now. And I was totally going to post this yesterday, but I got sidetracked by my new cell phone arriving (It's pink! And shiny!), which also means I missed Game 6, which gave the Red Wings their trillionth Stanley Cup in 10 years, or whatever stat they keep spouting. Just one Cup is too many for them, in my opinion, but... *sigh* I guess there's always next year.

Speaking of next year, Glen Wesley won't be on the team. He announced his retirement today. Which is sort of a shame, because he's been with the Whalers/Canes for what seems to be forever, and I know I will definitely look twice when I don't see him out there. I think it's great, though, that he had such a long career and was finally able to top it off with a Stanley Cup.

That being said - to all you Canes personnel out there - I have one word for you: DEFENSEMAN. We need a good, solid, trustworthy, not old, not small, possibly goal-scoring defenseman. That is my solemn offseason wish. That, and you don't trade anyone I like for said defenseman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to say it, but Cole is gone.

Ashley said...

The one thing I don't appreciate is anonymous commenters giving me a heart attack over my favorite player at 8 o'clock in the morning.