Friday, November 21, 2008

Live-blogging Phoenix v. Canes

Sooo... the Canes game is going on right now. And I'm at the computer (Instead of at the game, which I had tickets to, but couldn't go to because of the video game tournament fundraiser thingy I was a part of. Turnout was excellent, and totally worth not going to the game, something I'd thought I'd never say...), so I'm going to do my first foray into live-blogging!

The catch is I don't have a TV in this room. Just a radio. So... live-blogging on the radio... it'll be interesting that's for sure...

7:46 PM: It's 2-1 Coyotes. I missed the second goal, talking to my mom. Canes goal was scored by Eric Staal.

7:48 PM: I have no idea what's going on in the game. I can't hear the radio, someone's talking to me...

7:49 PM: End of period. I have to go look at shoes now. Live-blogging is failing so far...

7:54 PM: Slowly realizing the only thing I've consumed since lunch is a bag of cookies and a Coke. Off to get sustenance...

8:03 PM: Eating ice cream. Such a healthy dinner. Turning on the radio...

8:04 PM: Hooray commercials!

8:07 PM: Puck drop!

8:10 PM: Sounds like Cullen (I think) had a good chance. I get the feeling there's a reason no one live-blogs to the radio.

8:13 PM: "Goals have been hard to come by" - such an understatement, Chuck...

8:14 PM: Sounds like a good series for the Canes...

8:15 PM: If anyone happens to be reading this and wants to leave comments, feel free... I doubt that anyone is reading this.

8:17 PM: GOAL! From... Staal! Is that the second of the night? Yes, yes it is! Go Staal!

8:19 PM: Stoppage in play. I'm really cold. Probably because I'm wearing a T-shirt and it's freezing out.

8:23 PM: Hearing Pitkanen's name a lot tonight. I guess that's good. Anyways, another stoppage in play...

8:26 PM: Ugh, penalty on Babchuk. Sounds like the Canes were going on a 4-on-2, too...

8:27 PM: Shorthanded chance by Sutter - draws a penalty as well... apparently a marginal one from the sounds of Chuck K

8:29 PM: Shorthanded chances by Phoenix people... not good.

8:31 PM: Stoppage in play.

8:34 PM: Phoenix penalty. First Canes power play. Canes haven't been too bad on this recently - maybe that trend will continue?

8:35 PM: I can tell that if I was present I would be yelling "Shoooooot!" at the ice. OR the TV for that matter

8:37 PM: Doesn't sound like the PP's going very well... Or, rather, didn't go very well...

8:39 PM: GOAL! Staal has a hat trick!!!! Canes lead 3-2! Staal forgoes the line change to take the lead!

8:41 PM: Y'know, I've never thrown a hat on the ice for a hat trick... has anyone out there done it? Philadelphia had a really cool display on their concourse of all the hats that had been thrown on the ice - certain shelves were for certain hat tricks.

8:42 PM: End of period. Canes lead! YaY!

8:46 PM: Has anyone else checked out the pics of the bobbleheads they're giving out this season? Eric Staal kind of scares me.

8:49 PM: And it's possible that Tim Gleason scares me even more. Exactly who designed these nightmarish things?

8:59 PM: Aw... Staal passed Cole for the team hat trick lead. Still a mile away from Francis for the franchise record, though...

9:00 PM: Third period begins...

9:01 PM: Speaking of Cole, he's not doing too hot in Edmonton - only has 7 points in 20 games. Although, he always seemed to start off his seasons slow...

9:02 PM: I still wish he was on the Canes. Although, I like what I've seen in Joni Pitkanen.

9:09 PM: Stoppage in play. Trying to multitask and not paying attention. If it consoles you, it doesn't sound very interesting right now.

9:18 PM: I'm trying to figure out how to shorten this post, without shortening all of the other posts on the main page. It's not working.

9:21 PM: Staal is on fire tonight. Good to see him snap out of his funk with such goal-scoring prowess.

9:23 PM: Sounds like Walker was shaken up a little on the play...

9:25 PM: Sounds like a good shift for the Canes... and people didn't like Jovanovski tying up LaRose... I love hearing crowds boo.
Aaaaannnnddd... we're going down the stretch here in Raleigh...

9:28 PM: GOAL! Ray Whitney! Sounds like it was pretty much stolen by Brind'Amour who centered to Whitney. 4-2, hello insurance goal!

9:30 PM: Goalie's pulled for Phoenix.

9:31 PM: GOAL! Empty net! Whitney again, assisted by Walker! 5-2!

9:32 PM: What's the point of calling a penalty with 1 second left? What-ever...

9:33 PM: 5-2 Win! Canes win three in a row, two in regulation! Sounds like they played really well, which is good. And the whole radio live-blogging thing didn't turn out so bad... gave me something to do, at least...

Maybe a full recap tomorrow, maybe not. I'm just glad the Canes won, and I'm glad Eric Staal got a hat trick!

No comments: