Monday, January 22, 2007

A Super Bowl Conundrum

Well... We are now in the All-Star Break.
Which means there is absolutely no hockey news to speak of.
So, I must look to the NFL to hold my attention.

The Chicago Bears won over the New Orleans Saints 39-14. The Indianapolis Colts won over the New England Patriots 34-31. This leaves me with a conundrum: Who should I root for in the Super Bowl?

I hate Peyton Manning. Why? I don't really have a reason, except that I just don't want him to do well. And he's ugly. So, this hatred of Peyton would make me want to pull for the Bears, right?
Wrong. Rooting for the Bears when you are a Green Bay Packers fan is not just wrong. It's sacrilegious. Plus, pulling for them would go against my belief that the Bears really aren't that good - their defense isn't spectacular, and Rex Grossman is an idiot - and I want them to fail just as much as Peyton Manning.

So who do I support? I want both teams to fail. But, I can't decide which team I want to fail more. A conundrum for sure.

No comments: