Friday, December 01, 2006

Cole is just super-awesome

Canes won 4-2 over Montreal.

This Caniac is ecstatic because Erik Cole had two goals and 11 shots. Cole should've had another goal, but it was ruled that the puck went in over the goal-line after the ref's whistle had blew. (Stupid refs)

Needless to say, I am happy with the new line combo of Cole-Staal-Walker.

I am also happy that the Canes had so many good chances - the game really should've been more of a blow-out, but Huet was pretty solid in goal for Montreal.

I noticed that Brind'Amour didn't seem to be on the same page as everyone else. He had several chances that he missed, and he just didn't seem with it.
Gleason was falling all over the ice last night. Everytime I looked at him he seemed to be off-balance.

I am happy with this game. The Canes skated hard, Cole got some goals, and they got a win. This really is the first game in a while where I actually felt excited about what was going on in the game - unlike the Ottawa game.

If you want to see super-cool pictures of Erik Cole, go here and flip through them. (I know you want to...)

Erik Cole stats: 2 goals
On the season: 10 goals, 15 assists

No comments: