Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Heh heh... October 14th...

Nothing is going on in the world that interests me. Except that I've figured out that I can barely wait, not only til Opening Night, but til the first Pittsburgh game of the season (October 14).
Why? The matchup that I've been waiting for ever since March 4...
ERIK COLE v. BROOKS ORPIK
Now, this isn't exactly news, but... I just wonder what'll happen, y'know? Will Cole drop the gloves? Or will he just slam Orpik into the boards a couple times?
If Cole does drop the gloves... might be a pretty even stint - Cole's marked at 6'2" 205lbs according to the Canes site. Orpik's listed at 6'2" 219lbs according to NHL.com. So they'd be of even height, slightly uneven in weight (if the stats are up-to-date), although Cole's not really a fighter, is he? And Orpik's a goon... but, Cole'll want to kick his [behind], right? Hmm... the possibilities are kind of endless...

Anyways... Maybe I should not only put up a countdown to opening night (view the top of the page, folks), but one to October 14th, too? Shame it's away... you'll have to forcefully drag me away from the TV that night... Well, that kind of happens every night, but that night especially.

I guess I'll just have to wait 38 days...

2 comments:

Chris said...

He needs to just show him up in every way possible - 4-5 goals and some nasty (clean) hits to Pittsburgh's stars, like Crosby and Malkin.

Then, after all that, he can drop the gloves. I'd still rather he not though. Cole for Orpik is not an even trade, so why give Pittsburgh the advantage?

Ashley said...

You make good points...
I'd love to see Cole get 4-5 goals in any game, not just that one. And, you're also right about the good hits on the stars of the team. I guess if that kind of treatment is spread over all four Pittsburgh matches, it would be payback of a more subconscious, intelligent, non-bruteish type.

The worst thing that could happen, out of all the payback possibilities, would be that Cole gets in a fight and gets his butt kicked... that would be kind of embarassing. (And, sadly, it may happen - Cole isn't really the goonish type, is he?)