Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Day in Review

The more I think about yesterday's Vasicek trade, the better I feel about it. Scott Walker's stats look pretty consistent, although he isn't that big - 5'10" 196lbs, he and Letowski look to be the Matt Cullen replacement team.
I remember predicting a trade for Vasicek... back on 6/22. Here's a quote:
My prediction is that Tverdovsky and Vasicek go the trade route. Tverdovsky underperformed for a 2.5 mil contract, and I just plain don't like Vasicek. Sure, he's coming back from a knee injury, but did he do anything before the knee injury? No.
Yes! I was correct! (Well, at least for Vasicek, no word on Tverdovsky).
And y'know what? That last sentence sure sounds like what I said yesterday:
Yes, I know he was injured, but before his injury, was he doing anything? No. Did he do anything after his injury? No, except a 4-point game when he returned in April.
Wow... my thoughts really don't change that much, do they?

Um... I think that's it. I can't remember the point I was going to make when I first started writing this post... oh well.
My parting thoughts:
You Are Italian Food

Comforting yet overwhelming.
People love you, but sometimes you're just too much.

No comments: