Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Y'know what makes me angry?

You wanna know what makes me really angry? Sports reporters on the news.
Because of the Canes' playoff berth, the Canes are the top story on the sports section on the local news. But my question is: Where the crap were you during the regular season?
I would wake up after a Canes game had been played the night before, and wait for the sports report, only to find that the only pro team in central Carolina had been neglected yet again. No, instead of fitting even one sentence about the Canes, we have 5 full minutes about college sports... even when there were no college games! So now, after the blatant disregard of the Canes in the regular season, these sports reporters are acting like they covered it from the beginning! Earth to Reporters: the schedule has 82 games in it, not just the playoff games at the end. It just really, really makes me mad that these people were all "Canes... who are they?" during the regular season, and now in the playoffs they're all "Canes! I've watched them since the beginning!"
Maybe I'm asking too much. I know Carolina will always be about the ACC, and I'm okay with that. But is it too much to cover hockey the whole year, and not just these precious weeks in May and June? Or, if that's a little too much, could you please just admit that you sports reporters (or the stations you work for) are bandwagon fans?

Ok, that's my rant. Canes play tonight.

No comments: