Monday, March 09, 2009

Goals galore!

Canes beat the Lightning 9-3 on Saturday.

Yeah, I don't know where this team has been hiding all season, either. I mean, I realize that Tampa is not that good - but that didn't stop four out of the six in the season series being one goal games.

Eric Staal had four goals (a hat trick +1) on the night, a performance that helped him to win the NHL's first star of the week.

Seriously, I stopped paying attention in the third period. This game was pretty much over after the first, let alone the second period.

A game that will probably prove to be much more of a challenge is tonight's game against the Rangers. I look forward to booing Sean Avery.

Erik Cole stats: 4 assists
With the Canes: 1 goal, 4 assists
On the season: 17 goals, 15 assists

Chad LaRose stats: 1 assist
On the season: 14 goals, 11 assists

No comments: