Wednesday, March 04, 2009

ERIK COLE IS BACK!!!!

The best power forward evah! is back on the Canes!!!!

I can barely think for the excitement!!!!

The Canes traded for him in a with the Los Angeles Kings and the Edmonton Oilers. The Canes got Patrick O'Sullivan and a 2nd round draft pick for Justin Williams, then dealt O'Sullivan and the pick to Edmonton for Cole and their 5th round pick.

It is a shame that Williams had to go, as he has been with the team a long time and is a very good player (Hello, empty net goal in Game 7!). But, the good news for the Canes is (other than reaquiring my man Cole, of course) that Williams was out with an injury, and this trade brings someone who is actually in the lineup right now.

I honestly can't believe it. I knew that Cole was in the trade rumors, but I thought that Rutherford seemed pretty much set on not dealing anything with what was being offered.

I think that if it was for any other player, I would be lamenting the loss of Justin Williams more. It's definitely going to be wierd not seeing the number 11 on the ice Friday.

But ERIK COLE IS BACK and I couldn't be happier!

No comments: