Friday, December 19, 2008

Canes win in OT!

Canes won 2-1 over the Panthers in overtime last night.

Last night was completely awesome for me, as I not only got to attend the game, but I also sat in the lower bowl. And I was really close to the ice:
And, if you don't think that's close to the ice, then you have much better seats than I usually do. Jealous!

The only problem with said seats is that I don't really like the end section that low - it's sometimes hard to judge what's going on down at the other end.

Anyways, I thought the Canes played pretty well. I really appreciate Tuomo Ruutu that close to the ice - I saw a lot more of the fighting for the puck along the boards and the physicalness that he plays the game with.

Justin Williams scored his first goal since coming back from injury, and it was a power play goal as well! That goal was the deciding factor until the third period - Cory Stillman came out of the penalty box into a breakaway.

Canes played well in the overtime, Joe Corvo scoring the OT goal. I imagine it looked something like this shot, taken in the second period:
Except that the goal was scored on a backhand. Whatever. Use your imagination.

Anyway, the point is that the Canes won against a division rival and took over 8th place in the East. YaY Canes!

The next game is on Saturday, away against the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Bruins.

No comments: