Monday, February 18, 2008

Nice day - Canes lose

Man, today was a nice day. Off of school, beautiful blue sky, balmy temperatures.

So nice that I decided to lug a chair and a radio out onto the deck to listen to Chuck K's broadcast of the 1:00 game against the Devils.

Then the moron next door decided it would be perfect to mow his grass, so not only did I have to deal with his movements messing up the radio reception, but I also inhaled carbon monoxide for the first two periods.

Sounded like the Canes decided to inhale some CO before playing this one: 5-1 loss.

Although, to their credit, the Canes were missing Cole and Whitney, along with the usual crowd of 25 million that grace the IR.

Jeff Hamilton scored the lone goal in this one.

And then, on Saturday, the Canes had a come-from-behind victory against the Panthers. I'd recap it, but I don't remember much of it because I felt sluggish due to a nasty cold and I just really don't feel like trying too hard right now.

Erik Cole stats (Saturday): 1 assist
On the season: 13 goals, 22 assists

No comments: