Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cole carried off ice on stretcher *sob*

Well, that is the last time I turn a Florida game off early.

Yes, not learning from my previous lesson I turned off the TV when the Canes were tied 3-3. (Hey, I was tired and it was a school night...) I got up this morning and found an email in my inbox that said:
"Sorry bout Cole."
Well, that just sent the day to hell.

Yes the best power forward evah! was crashing the net when he was knocked from behind into goalie Tomas Vokoun, and it looked like it hit his head pretty roughly. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher with his head and neck stabilized.

*sob*

Luckily, Erik was cleared to fly with the team to Tampa after a CT scan showed nothing.

*breathes sigh of relief*

This is one Caniac who is super-glad that it is not as serious as the last neck injury. Get well soon, Erik! I can't wait for you to be back on the ice!

As for the game, my hysteria caused by my favorite player getting hurt pretty much wiped any useful memory from my mind. Except the Stillman goal from 85ft out. Vokoun thought it was going around the boards - it instead went into the net. 4-3 win Canes.

Next game is tomorrow against Tampa.

Oh yeah, Ron Francis was inducted into the Hall of Fame last night. He certainly deserves it.

(And to think that was going to be the focus of my post today...)

1 comment:

Susan Mo said...

That was a pretty scary moment. I checked on the game right after it happened. It is no fun to see a player lying still on the ice like that. I heard he was doing well this morning - walking around without a neck brace. He will be back on the ice before we know it.