Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another 3 game recap...

So much for posting regularly, eh? Oh well...

In this three game span over Thanksgiving break the Canes went 1-for-3. The first game was on Wednesday, a 6-3 loss against the Philadelphia Flyers. I didn't see the game because it wasn't broadcast on FSN south, but I did get to see the highlights on the NHL Network! And, those "highlights" pretty much consisted of numerous defensive breakdowns, Daniel Briere getting 4 points, and Cam Ward having a .750 save percentage on the night - I think I'm actually glad I didn't get to see this game...

The second game was against the Lighting, who the Canes had horrible luck against in the first two games against them. Luckily, that changed on Friday with a 4-3 win!
The super-good news was that Erik Cole was back on the ice, and he scored 2 assists in his re-debut!
The kinda-bad news was that the Canes looked like crap in the second period, letting Tampa get out to a 3-1 lead.
The better news was that this was a come-from-behind victory with the Canes scoring 3 goals in the third period!
What was weird was that all of the goals in this game came on even strength - no PP goals for the Canes and no PK letdowns!

Sadly, I can't say that about the final game of this Thanksgiving break - a 5-2 loss to the C[r]apitals. 3 of the C[r]apitals goals came on the Canes PK and one was a shorthanded goal.
I saw nothing of this game (yet again not on TV!), so I can't lend any insight except that it must have been pretty miserable. Goal by Cole, though, so I guess it wouldn't have been too bad.

I hope the Canes can snap out of this little slump (if you want to call it that) real soon. I also hope that this is the last we'll see of the SE Division for a while. It's getting really sickening to play (and lose to!) the same teams all the time. (Lucky for me, the next game we play is against Philly - who we just lost to on Wednesday... Man, I really hope they change the schedule for next year.)


Erik Cole stats (Friday): 2 assists
(Saturday): 1 goal
On the season: 4 goals, 11 assists

No comments: