Friday, October 12, 2007

Canes hand Ottawa first loss

Canes won 5-3 over Ottawa last night.

Due to the massive cold/cough that I have, I didn't really pay that close attention. But, I watched close enough to gather the following:
- Erik Cole scored two goals! YaY!
- Chad LaRose looks like he's coming into his own. 3 assists last night!
- Dennis Seidenberg shattered a pane of glass with 43.7 left in the second. Refs called the period and played the remaining time after the intermission. (Never would have thought Seidenberg could do that... Dude does not look like a Happy Gilmore, if you know what I mean. (I love that movie))
- Canes let Ottawa score two goals to pull within one waaay too close to the end of the period. Thank goodness Ottawa didn't tie it up.

And, the Canes handed Ottawa their first loss last night. An interesting correlation is that, in 2005-2006 the Canes handed Ottawa their first loss of the year in a 3-2 victory. And guess what the Canes went on to do in that season? Exactly.

I know I just wowed you all with my uncanny ability to remember random stats.


Erik Cole stats: 2 goals
On the season: 2 goals, 2 assists

No comments: