Sunday, February 25, 2007

Canes win - attributed to new hair color

Canes won 4-1 over Atlanta last night. This win puts the Canes into 7th place in the East, 1 point behind Atlanta, and 2 points behind Tampa Bay.

The Hurricanes looked pretty good in the game. They got out to a quick two-goal lead on goals by Justin Williams and Mike Commodore in the first period. Atlanta pulled within one on a shorthanded goal in the third, but, unlike the last time these two teams met, the Canes didn't let them score at all after that. Justin Williams had another goal for the Canes 5 minutes later.

John Grahame had his second start in two nights, and didn't look too shabby. Williams, of course, played really good, and the new guy Anson Carter didn't look that bad, playing a total of 19:01 on Eric Staal's line.

Frankly, I'm just happy that they won in their division, but the fact that they played good throughout is reassuring.

The trade wire is already heating up, the same Thrashers acquiring Keith Tkachuk from the Blues for Glen Metropolit and several other draft picks. They also got Alexei Zhitnik from Philadelphia for a prospect. I expect more trades to occur, as the trade deadline is this Tuesday.

In absolutely random news, I dyed my hair "rich auburn blonde" (Garnier Nutrisse #76) yesterday. Turned out pretty decent, red but not too red and not orange, thankfully. I wanted it a little more blonde-er, but it looks good. Just enough red to make it look unnatural, but not so unnatural. I attribute the win to the change in hair color, just as I attribute the Canes 0-2 start in the series against Montreal last year to me dying my hair startling red.

No comments: