Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Canes are lackluster; lose

Canes lost 3-0 to the Pens.

I don't know what to say. The Canes... I wouldn't say that they necessarily played bad - they just didn't do anything good to stick out at me whatsoever. Everyone was just kind of... nonexistent.
Except Cam Ward. He kept the Canes within reach - the Canes just didn't reach.
I believe Coach Laviolette sums it up in the N&O article:
"We played the game like the points didn't matter," Carolina coach Peter Laviolette said after keeping his team for several minutes behind closed doors. "We were rested, we were ready to go, and the effort was lousy."

Anyways... that's about it, really. Sid Crosby scored 2 goals and had an assist, making him the first player this season to surpass 60 points.

2 comments:

magnolia_mer said...

Not enough puck turnovers. The Pens were on us constantly, poke checking the turning the puck over. We didn't respond in kind. Also, our shots had nothing behind them. I saw Lavi drilling the team on this the next day at practice.

Ashley said...

I agree. Hopefully the Canes will have more of a spark in tonight's game.