Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well, at least we got us a goal

Canes lost to the Oilers 3-1.

I managed to catch absolutely none of the game, due to it's 9:30 EST starting time. Therefore, I can only really say what I can glean from the NHL.com resources for the game.
Here's what I have as fact:

  • The Canes lost.

  • Craig Adams scored for the Canes

  • There were no goals in the first, and the game was tied at 1-1 from 11:58 in the second to 19:00 in the second

  • The Canes outshot Edmonton 29-24.

  • Both teams didn't score on the powerplay

From this, I can assume that the game was an okay game by the Canes. Not good enough to win, but okay.
If I'm wrong, please drop a comment and tell me.

Oh wait a second... the N&O is reporting that Rod Brind'Amour has a lower body injury that he obtained in the second period, and that they haven't commented on how long he'll be out.
Crap.
Not only did we lose, but we possibly lost our captain? Not good.
Not good at all.

At least we got a goal in this one, though. That's a step in the right direction.

No comments: