Thursday, December 21, 2006

Relocation, Stocks, and Harry Potter

No Canes news today.

Mario Lemieux announced that he would start looking for offers to move the Penguins to another location.
Now, I have not been following this story very closely, as it didn't really interest me, but from what I tell, the team is up for sale, and it will only stay in Pittsburgh if they get a new arena.
Now this is just a kind of random, not really serious at all, spur-of-the-moment, cheese-induced thought - but why don't they hold a stock offering? Create a corporation, offer stock to the fans in Pittsburgh, who would then appoint a board of directors to run the team. The money raised from the stock would buy the arena, and because the stockholders would be in Pittsburgh, the team would never move.
I know, I have no idea what I'm talking about - but it sure worked out for those folks in Green Bay.

Speaking of the Packers, they play the Vikings tonight. I would watch it, but the game is on the NFL Network, which Time Warner Cable doesn't carry.

Also, the title to the seventh Harry Potter was released today. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"
Ooh... can't wait til that book comes out.

No comments: