Sunday, December 17, 2006

Canes finally win one

The Canes lost on Friday, giving the returning Paul Maurice a victory against his old team. The Canes dropped below the playoff cutoff line with the loss, and bringing their losing streak to 5.
Not to mention Andrew Ladd had an emergency appendectomy; Keith Aucoin was called up to replace him in the lineup.

On Saturday, the Canes won 3-2 over the Lightning, putting an end to that wretched losing streak.

Unfortunately, I only heard bits and pieces of these games on the radio - Friday because I was out Christmas shopping - Saturday because I was ice skating. (Believe it or not, I only fell twice during the whole two hours! And I went several times around the rink without touching the wall! I'm so proud of myself.)

Erik Cole stats (Friday) - 1 goal
Erik Cole stats (Saturday) - 1 assist
On the season - 13 goals, 19 assists

No comments: