Saturday, October 21, 2006

Canes drop another to Buffalo

Canes lost 5-4 to Buffalo.

I did manage to watch the game, but I was inattentive in parts because I was trying to stay awake. Seriously, why did the game start at 8 pm? Both teams were on the freakin' East Coast!

Anyways...
I think Buffalo's home jerseys are worse than their away jerseys. Which means that they're pretty bad.

The Canes played okay in this game. They had their good points, and they had their bad points.
Good: Canes were skating throughout the whole game.
Bad: So did Buffalo.
Good: The Canes had a power-play goal, and a 5-on-3-against shorthanded goal. (Alright Commodore!)
Bad: The Canes allowed a short-handed goal and a power-play goal.

Overall, I think the Canes played good... just not good enough to win against Buffalo. Sadly, I must also admit that Buffalo has a really good team, and they look like they're going to be contenders. (...unless the injury bug hits in the playoffs as it did last year...)
Speaking of injury bugs, in a way I'm sorta glad that the Canes are injured now rather than later in the year or in the playoffs. When they get the injured players back, it'll be a much better team in the middle of the season - and they can power back from whatever games they lost early.

My parting thought - Is Ryan Miller really that good as a goalie, or is Buffalo's team just making him look good?

Erik Cole stats: 2 assists
On the season: 1 goal, 4 assists

No comments: