Friday, April 02, 2010

Happy 4 years!!!!

So the Canes' season is slowly winding down. Amazingly, they're not yet eliminated from the playoffs, and their recent play seems to just be staying that inevitability for the longest possible time.

Cam Ward came back for Monday's game against Atlanta, and stopped 26 of 27 for the 4-1 win against the Thrashers. From what I could tell from the radio broadcast, it sounded like the Canes were playing sloppily in the first period, but then turned on the afterburners in the second and third.

The consolation prize of this game? Atlanta's playoff chances significantly dropped after this loss to us. So I guess winning isn't all that bad.

The Canes also won 2-1 against the Canadiens on Wednesday. I think I listened to part of this game, but I honestly can't remember much of it. Other than the fact that Cam Ward looks just as sharp as he did before his prolonged injury leave, which is a good thing.

Then came the 4-3 shootout loss against the Senators last night. The Canes looked to have this one wrapped up, but let Erik Karlsson score with 7.7 seconds left in the third period. His goal assured the Sens of a point and a spot in the playoffs. The Canes then proceeded to lose in the shootout.

And, now for something completely different...

So I had this whole thing typed up about what made me start blogging and how my life has changed over the past year with college and lack of time and lack of Canes-game viewing and how I don't post a lot but I still love blogging, blah blah blah. But I couldn't end it very well, and to be honest the beginning wasn't that great, so here's a bulleted list:

- This blog is awesome. It's been going since April 2nd, 2006. That's four years!
- My readers are awesome. I may not get bazillions of visitors each day, but even the fact that one person wants to read what I write is amazing. Keep on rockin' you guys.
- I am awesome. I think four years is a pretty cool accomplishment.
- The Canes are awesome and hockey is awesome. Okay, maybe this year the Canes aren't that awesome, but hockey makes my day, every day.
- And, finally, Erik Cole is awesome. Do I seriously have to qualify this statement?

Thanks for visiting, everyone. How about four more years?

Erik Cole(Monday): 1 goal
(Wednesday): 1 assist
On the season: 10 goals, 4 assists

Chad LaRose(Monday): 1 assist
(Wednesday): 1 assist
(Thursday): 1 goal
On the season: 8 goals, 12 assists

No comments: