Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another win!

The Canes managed to get another win last night against the Blackhawks 4-2. Which I find positively amazing, due to the fact that the Blackhawks are one of the premiere teams in the league this season.

I was able to catch the game from the second period onwards on the radio and I must say that this is the first game all year where I wished I could have watched the game. The Canes sounded like they were playing well and it sounded like an exciting game, the Canes and Blackhawks trading goals until the Canes finally pulled away. Watching the highlights, I must say that Cam Ward also looked spectacular, stopping several good chances.

I almost can't believe that the Canes are playing this good now. This is they way I had imagined them playing at the beginning of the season - skating well with effort all game long. I guess this is a legitimate upswing for this team - I can no longer attribute the wins to the lack of skill on the other team, as that is certainly not the case for this opponent.

The next game is tomorrow against Edmonton, who is pretty much on the other end of the spectrum from the Blackhawks. I wonder how long we can stretch these winning ways?

Chad LaRose stats: 1 assist
On the season: 3 goals, 6 assists

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You know you've made it big when you get Japanese spam on your site...