Thursday, September 17, 2009

The season is in sight

Hm... I guess I'd better update this blog, eh? I mean, after whining and moaning and groaning about the offseason - HOCKEY IS FINALLY HERE!

Yep, the Canes play their first preseason game this Friday. Training camp has already opened. But let's take a quick look back at what has happened in the remnants of the offseason:

- The Hurricanes prospects beat the crap out of other team's prospects. A good sign for the future, I think.

- Joni Pitkanen had knee surgery and is expected to be out 2-4 weeks.Can we never start a season without some defenseman having surgery right before? I swear, that's the tale we get every year.

- Speaking of defensemen, Bret Hedican announced his retirement.

-And, finally, according to Google Analytics, someone found this site by searching "real live hockey deaths". Which is not only slightly macabre, but also a bit of an oxymoron.

Aaannndd... that's it! The the games begin!

1 comment:

magnolia_mer said...

I doubt we will ever start a season with a 100 percent healthy team. I just think it's part of the 'Canes' charm....:-)

Can't believe the season's here, either! It was a long, dull summer.

And glad to see you're blogging, too. If Facebook continues to suck, you'll see a lot more of me on the blog.