Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer Doldrums

Let's see, what has happened in the past week...

Tuomo Ruutu has opted to take the Canes to arbitration. Hopefully the Canes can come to a good resolution with him - I would hate to lose such a bruiser of a forward.

Recently, the Canes re-signed Casey Borer and Justin Peters to two-way contracts as well as Steven Goertzen from the Phoenix Coyotes.

And finally, today Joe Sakic announced his retirement after 20 seasons in the NHL.

Otherwise, not much has gone on in the hockey world. As always, I will update when anything earth-shattering occurs.

If there are any formatting errors in this post blame my Tablet PC, not me. I'm still getting used to this whole writing on the screen thing. (And the "I'm not going to recognize your handwriting on the first try" thing too). Along the same lines, if anyone has any tips for dealing with tablets, please leave a comment!

No comments: