Saturday, June 13, 2009

And so the season ends...

Pittsburgh Penguins won 2-1 in Game 7 last night, thereby winning the Stanley Cup.

Well, at least it wasn't a repeat by Detroit, right?

I didn't watch too much of the Finals, although I did watch most of the game last night. It wasn't interesting to me - I didn't care who ended up winning because I didn't want either team to win it.

That said, Game 7 was as Game 7s always are - action packed and full of tension. Detroit scored late to make a true game of it for the last minutes of the third - one of their shots went off the crossbar and Fleury somehow managed to save a point-blank shot with one second remaning. Props to Max Talbot of the Pens for scoring both of their goals.

And so now begins the long boring hockey-less offseason. Only four months until October!

No comments: