Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jussi Jokinen is my new best friend



I don't think there are any words to describe the exhiliration felt after that goal.

Jussi Jokinen tips it in with 00.2 left on the clock.

Wow.

I think everyone in the RBC Center had that game going into overtime. I certainly did. Then - the puck goes in, but 00.0 is what the clock reads. After a brief conference, the referees deem it a goal - Martin Brodeur flips out about it, but whatever, he can just deal.

This sets an NHL record for the latest goal scored in regulation. I mean, it doesn't get much closer than that, does it?

Although, despite the AMAZING ending, the Canes really should have never been in that position anyway. They came out skating and got out to an early 2-0 lead in the first period. It was 3-0 for most of the second, but then Jersey scored three consecutive goals to tie it up.

Three consecutive goals. Certainly not cool, and certainly something the Canes don't want to let happen again in the series. But as lame as the Canes performance late in the game was, the end was just too awesome for me to complain too much.

Momentum for Game 5, anyone?

(As an aside, props go to Chad LaRose and Ryan Bayda - both are making the most of their playoff minutes, both notching another goal in last night's game.)

(And as another aside, I just found the NHL Situation Room blog, and I think it is excellent - a perfect way to get the exact ruling on any certain reviewed play.)

Chad LaRose stats: 1 goal
Playoffs: 2 goals, 1 assist

No comments: