Monday, July 07, 2008

Seidenberg signed

Canes locked up another defenseman today, with Dennis Seidenberg signing a one-year, $1.2 mil contract.

This is in addition to Joni Pitakenen (*mumbles something about Cole*), Anton Babchuk, and Josef Melichar.

Now, the Babchuk thing really surprised me when I first heard about it. I didn't expect him to be coming back to play for the Canes if he ever came back - and I didn't think we'd give him a million dollars to do so.

But, looking at some of the other defensive contracts given out this year, I guess a million dollars is pretty cheap.

I wish I would get a job where a million dollars was a low salary. But I digress.

Anyways... Chad LaRose filed for arbitration. I hope whatever wrinkle they hit in those contract negotiations will be ironed out by the arbitrator. I can barely imagine a team without Cole, but without Cole AND LaRose? That would just be too cruel.

No comments: