Friday, February 01, 2008

Penguins game up next!

Canes won last night in OT 3-2.

The overtime period was absolutely unnessecary - Toronto scored a goal with 11 seconds left in the game to tie it up, forcing me to lose sleep and watch the OT.

In which Brind'Amour scored the winning goal, so it's all good.

I had a semblance of a post thought up in my mind, but it's all gone now. Probably because there's two Pittsburgh games coming up very soon, and I always look forward to those. (Boo Orpik!)

But here's an oddity for you: Jeff Hamilton was waived Wednesday, but still played for the Canes last night because Matt Cullen was out with vision problems after his concussion that wasn't a concussion but really was a concussion.

I get the feeling I'm not communicating very well today. I'm calling it Pittsburgh Anticipation Syndrome. I really love watching those games. They're always exciting and fast-paced and I get to boo Orpik.

Today the Canes traded David Gove for a Joe Jensen from those self-same Penguins. I guess it's a depth move.

Next game is tomorrow against (guess who?) the Penguins! I can guarantee I will be booing Orpik from the comfort of my own home.

No comments: