Saturday, December 15, 2007

Canes play well but lose another

Canes lost yesterday to Calgary 4-3.

The Canes actually played very well in this loss. The game was close until the very end, but the Canes just could not gain the lead.

The guy who did not play well was Cam Ward. He did not make the saves the Canes needed him to to win this game. I especially hold him at fault for the two goals in the third period.

Hey, I'm not hatin' on him. He admits it himself:
“I thought we deserved a better fate and I hold myself accountable,” Ward said. “I’ve got to make some saves to keep this team in hockey games. I can’t be giving up that third goal – even the fourth one.”

The guy who played really well last night was Matt Cullen who had a hand in every goal scored by the Canes (1 goal, 2 assists). Chad LaRose scored the first goal and at times looked pretty fiesty out there on the ice.

The best goal of the game was the Canes second, where Craig Adams shot a puck that trickled out behind Kiprusoff. Caught me by surprise, that one did.

Canes play their last game of the season against the Flyers tonight. Hopefully they can both play better and score. (A novel concept, I know...)


Chad LaRose stats: 1 goal
On the season: 4 goals, 6 assists

No comments: