Monday, March 05, 2007

Network broadcasting foils the Caniac Nation again

Canes lost 3-1 to the Thrashers yesterday.

No one saw this game because the Canes were screwed over by the powers-that-be at NBC who decided that the Penguins-Flyers game or the Red Wings-Avalanche game would be better for its viewers. Yeah, that's right, I'd rather see two teams, who are for certain in the playoffs, play their over-hyped division rivals who are so far out of the playoffs that they couldn't touch eighth place with a 10 foot pole. I'd totally rather see that than two teams who are legitimately vying for playoff position.

Or not.

The point being, all I can tell you is that Rod Brind'Amour scored the lone goal for the Canes.

The Canes will be on a four day lapse in games, during which I will be preparing myself for the inevitable madness that comes with March.

Speaking of which, UNC won over Duke yesterday, taking the first place seed in the upcoming ACC Tournament.

No comments: