Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Heartbreaker

Canes lost 4-2 to Tampa last night.

*sigh*

Four words: David Tanabe Own Goal.

That just about sums up my disappointment right there.

The game wasn't that badly played by the Canes - they led for good amounts of the first and second. I'm not even sure if you could call the third a "collaspe", because they still played decently - just not good enough to stop Tampa...

Erik Cole was a force to be reckoned with in this game, scoring the first goal of the game, and driving to the net several times.

Losing this game makes the playoffs... an unlikely possibility. My conscious can not let me say that the Canes are out of it until they are mathematically eliminated... but... I don't think we'll be playing past April 7th.

You don't know how much it pains me to type that.

Erik Cole stats: 1 goal
On the season: 28 goals, 30 assists

No comments: