Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yes! Kaberle is back with a vengance!

Canes won 2-1 last night against the Montreal Canadiens.

I was not able to listen to the game, as I was too busy, so I can't really comment on the actual play of the players.
Except that: The Canes won! Finally!
And that: Wow. Frank Kaberle scores the game-winning goal in his first game back with the Canes. Hopefully, this is a sign of a significant turn around for the team.
Also that: Andrew Ladd fought with Craig Rivet. I heard from my alternate-viewpoint Caniac, who happened to see some highlights, that Ladd won, but just barely.

Although the news of Kaberle's comeback is good news for the Caniac Nation, it is bad news for Anton Babchuk. Especially after he refused to be sent to Albany, so the Canes had to suspend him.
I'm not quite sure what exactly happens when a player is suspended. I assume that said player gets no pay... but is there anything else that happens?

Anyways... on a purely non-hockey note: Carolina plays Dook tonight, 9 PM. You can guarantee that I, plus everyone who cares about ACC basketball and/or those who live within a 50-mile radius of either school, will be watching it.

No comments: